With some astounding digital facts and figures from the last quarter being released this week, it’s obvious that brands should be increasingly aware of the global movement towards a totalizing digital age, one that is beyond anything they had previously imagined.
The following statistics are put into perspective with relevant population data, making it even more evident that the only way forward is engaging consumers through mobile and digital social media communications, and now.
We’ve rounded up the most interesting and significant stats and broken them down into easily digestible pieces of information. Understanding the global digital penetration is not just useful information; it is crucial knowledge that must form the foundation of every brand’s marketing and communications strategy. And here’s why.
1) Global Active Internet Users now totals 3.175 Billion, that’s nearly half of the world’s population (7.357 Billion).
2) As for Social Media, there are over 2.206 Billion active users, a global penetration of 30%.
3) There are 3.734 Billion Unique Mobile Users as of this quarter, accounting for a 51% worldwide penetration.
4) 1.925 Billion users utilise their mobiles for Social Media platforms.
5) Social Media users have risen by 176 Million in the last year.
6) 365 Million active mobile social users have been added over the same time span, an incredible total growth of 541 Million.
7) Facebook adds ½ million new users every day; 6 new profiles every second. An ever-expanding market worth tapping into.
8) Mobile users constitute half of the world’s population, and 2 million smart phones are sold worldwide every single day.
9) 12 new active mobile social users are added every second, that’s 1 Million per day.
10) WhatsApp has gained 300 Million new users since this time last year (August 2014), a year on year growth of 60%.
Since We Are Social released their Global Snapshot for August 2015 yesterday, it has become clear that social media really is #TheFutureOfMarketing.
– See more at: http://www.socialmediatoday.com/social-networks/kadie-regan/2015-08-10/10-amazing-social-media-growth-stats-2015#sthash.jfnA8JeH.dpuf